Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Bielo cardstock card...

I love experimenting with my craft supplies and projects; and this time, when I received the free Bielo cardstock from the Craft Shop/Priya Sivaraj, I couldn't wait to try my hands on something different.

The cardstock is buttery smooth in texture and really sturdy and thick. It's absolutely white. I was really excited the way my distress inks (and painting with them) reacted with the cardstock; so absolutely smooth and receptive.

Since I love using distress inks, my card features those in quite a few different ways. But my absolute favourite is the watercolour effect derived from distress inks (and Bielo cardstock is so perfect for that).

So for the card, I first used a sparkly brown 'ribbon' for the edges and embellished it with resin corners. Then I started my background and used distress inks (all purchased from The Craft Shop) with water and made brush strokes diagonally for the base. Then I sprayed a couple of sprays from Lindy's stamp gang. Used Graphic 45 stamps for the corners (purchased from The Craft Shop).

(Best viewed in full screen)

I used my mini distress ink (peacock feathers) and blotched it all over my card and added some gesso randomly and very thin. I then took some gorgeous Prima papers and cut them to align them as in the card. I distressed the edges boldly and used one of the Graphic 45 Happy Birthday stamps. Made random lines all over to make the card more cohesive and painted the edges with the same distress inks and water.


Hope you like the card and thanks for stopping by.

Participating in The Craft Shop Birthday Celebrations.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing with The Craft Shops 3rd Birthday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete